GeoService Finder Browse List
By clicking on or viewing any of the following data records, I acknowledge
and agree to the terms of this
Add your own services to this list! To contribute, you will need to
create an account and fill out a brief form. See the instructions on the GeoService Finder homepage.
Limit browse by:
Browse limited to service type: Remote application
- AirPhotos Online: Airphotos Online is an Internet service providing you with direct access to the most recent color infrared aerial photographs taken by Minnesota DNR for forest management.
Airphotos Online allows viewing, downloading and ordering of digital and hardcopy airphoto products. Users locate photos of interest by navigating through the photo database with a map window and mouse, or by entering place names or land descriptions.
Photos can be viewed on your computer at three levels of resolution. Low and medium resolution views can be viewed and downloaded without charge. High-resolution views can be purchased online by credit card and saved in your personal online Album, from which you can view, download or print them as often as you like.
All DNR aerial photos may also be purchased in hardcopy form as prints and enlargements. Airphotos Online provides forms and instructions for buying these by phone or mail. (Remote application)
- AniMap: Displays occurance information for common animal species found in Minnesota. Animap is an interactive mapping tool used to locate common animal species and to view animal lists for your area of interest. It is based on data collected by the Minnesota County Biological Survey (MCBS). Please note: this tool only displays common animals found by MCBS, recorded during surveys for rare animals. Absence of an animal in a survey area doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't occur there. (Remote application)
- DataFinder Café: (Remote application)
- DNR Data Deli: Allows users to download selected geospatial data files, with accompanying documentation. The Data Deli, from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, is an internet-based spatial data acquisition site that allows users to download raw computer-readable data for use in their Geographic Information System (GIS), image processing system, or traditional database environment. The site includes links to extensive and summary level data descriptions (metadata) to support our users. (Remote application)
- Interactive Map on Local Ordinances Regulating Livestock: This interactive map provides information on local ordinances regulating animal agriculture in Minnesota's counties. (Remote application)
- MACNoise Interactive Map: Allows residents near MSP International Airport to determine their eligibility for mitigation programs and provides access to historical flight and noise data. (Remote application)
- MetroGIS DataFinder Café: The DataFinder Café is an interactive tool for viewing and downloading GIS datasets. (Remote application)
- MetroMSP.org: A site selection and economic development tool that allows users to search and compare commercial real estate properties in the 11-county Minneapolis/St. Paul metro region. The website uses GIS data to display search results on regional maps and present demographic data (e.g. population, spending habits, workforce, existing businesses) for retail, industrial, office and land properties offered through the Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors and select public properties.
MetroMSP.org is a non-profit project sponsored by public and private partners to promote economic development in the Metro region. (Remote application)
- MetroMSP.org: A free tool for site selection and economic development that allows users to search and compare commercial real estate properties in the 11-county Minneapolis/St. Paul metro region. The database of properties includes retail, industrial, office and land listings uploaded by the Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors as well as select public properties and descriptions of redevelopment areas. GIS-linked demographic data (e.g. population, spending habits, workforce, existing businesses) permits users to produce customizable demographic and business reports for each property in the database. (Remote application)
- Metropolitan Council - Maps: Maps pages that provide quick and easy access to maps and information about the 7-county Twin Cities metropolitan region. (Remote application)
- Metropolitan Council Make-A-Map: Web Mapping Application with over 100 data layers from the Metropolitan Council and local communities. (Remote application)
- Minnesota 3D Project (M3D): M3D is a dynamic web mapping portal developed by the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development to provide an express pathway to Local Employment Dyamics, employment and economic development, and socioeconomic data for Minnesota. (Remote application)
- MnDOT Interactive BaseMap: This web site provides statewide coverage depicting Mn/DOT BaseMap information, including all public roads in Minnesota, and allows you to view, save and print maps through this on-line application. The BaseMap is a planning level set of data developed at a scale of 1:24000. The data set includes information about transportation features (roads, railroads, runways and navigable waters), as well as boundary information (State, County, and Municipal Boundaries, Mn/DOT District Boundaries, Civil, and Congressional Townships, State Forests and Parks, Military Reservations, Indian Reservation Lands, National Forests and Parks), and stream and lake locations.
This site also includes links to extensive data descriptions (metadata) to support our users. All of these resources are provided free of charge and accordingly, are not warranted for any specific use. We do, however, strive to produce accurate data and would appreciate any comments that you may have. We hope that you find the site useful!
Disclaimer: The Minnesota Department of Transportation makes no representation or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the reuse of data provided herewith, regardless of its format or the means of its transmission. There is no guarantee or representation to the user as to the accuracy, currency, suitability, or reliability of this data for any purpose. The user accepts the data 'as is', and assumes all risks associated with its use. By accepting this data, the user agrees not to transmit this data or provide access to it or any part of it to another party unless the user shall include with the data a copy of this disclaimer. The Minnesota Department of Transportation assumes no responsibility for actual or consequential damage incurred as a result of any user's reliance on this data.
- National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) Map Service - Minnesota Implementation: This map service supports the display and distribution of the National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) data for MInnesota. This application supports the state's stewardship of the NHD. Data crosses state boundaries to deliver complete watersheds. Event data referenced to the NHD network will be added. (Remote application)
- NorthStar Mapper: This mapping website displays air photos, land cover, topo maps and other reference information for Minnesota. The site allows users to:
- Navigate directly to a county, city, civil or public land survey (PLS) township;
- View a customized attribute report on any spot they identify;
- Find the elevation of any point;
- Display a full PLS description for any township/range/section;
- Define an area from which vector or raster data layers can be clipped, zipped and downloaded to their computer;
- Find the legislative districts of an area and link to Legislators’ websites;
- Save a map graphic to use in a report;
- Bookmark and share URLs of noteworthy views. (Remote application)
- Recreation Compass: The Recreation Compass is a web-based application that allows the public to find out more about recreational resources offered by the DNR through interactive maps. (Remote application)
- What's In My Neighborhood? - Agricultural Interactive Mapping: This interactive mapping application allows you to view known and potential sources of agricultural chemical soil and ground water contamination. The inventory includes properties that have already been investigated and cleaned up, as well as those currently enrolled in MDA cleanup programs. Users can search for specific site locations, conduct searches by options such as city, county or zip code, and print maps of site locations. (Remote application)