GeoService Finder Browse List
By clicking on or viewing any of the following data records, I acknowledge
and agree to the terms of this
Add your own services to this list! To contribute, you will need to
create an account and fill out a brief form. See the instructions on the GeoService Finder homepage.
Limit browse by:
Browse limited to topic category: Economy
- MetroGIS DataFinder WMS: DataFinder offers 18 WMS containing over 150 datasets total. The layers in the WMS are organized into the same categories as the DataFinder Catalog. While OGC Capabilities files are available for WMS and WFS, these contain only basic information. To understand which layers are in each map service and relate the dataset name to its metadata record, please use the DataFinder Catalog together with the WMS webpage. (Service)
- MetroMSP.org: A site selection and economic development tool that allows users to search and compare commercial real estate properties in the 11-county Minneapolis/St. Paul metro region. The website uses GIS data to display search results on regional maps and present demographic data (e.g. population, spending habits, workforce, existing businesses) for retail, industrial, office and land properties offered through the Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors and select public properties.
MetroMSP.org is a non-profit project sponsored by public and private partners to promote economic development in the Metro region. (Remote application)
- MetroMSP.org: A free tool for site selection and economic development that allows users to search and compare commercial real estate properties in the 11-county Minneapolis/St. Paul metro region. The database of properties includes retail, industrial, office and land listings uploaded by the Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors as well as select public properties and descriptions of redevelopment areas. GIS-linked demographic data (e.g. population, spending habits, workforce, existing businesses) permits users to produce customizable demographic and business reports for each property in the database. (Remote application)
- Metropolitan Council - Maps: Maps pages that provide quick and easy access to maps and information about the 7-county Twin Cities metropolitan region. (Remote application)
- Minnesota 3D Project (M3D): M3D is a dynamic web mapping portal developed by the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development to provide an express pathway to Local Employment Dyamics, employment and economic development, and socioeconomic data for Minnesota. (Remote application)
- MMB Minnesota Recovery Map: This Web Map application shows current ARRA (American Recovery & Reinvestment Act) spending in Minnesota that is administered by state agencies.
MMB (Minnesota Management and Budget) partnered with the Minnesota Geospatial Information Office (MGIO or MnGeo) to process their ARRA project data quarterly and display it on the interactive map as aggregated county icons and individual project pushpins. The data is organized into 8 spending categories: Overall, Health/Human Services, Education, Transportation, Energy/Environment, Housing, Economic Development and Public Safety. The second phase of the project will involve updates to the web map including new choropleth maps as well as automation of the data processing. Background map is the ESRI 2D World Streetmap image that shows counties, roads, city points, water bodies, parks/forests and elevation shading. The second phase choropleth maps will also contain school districts and DEED workforce service areas. (Standalone application)