Creation date: 2005-01-01
Publication date: 2005-01-01
Abstract: This mapping website displays air photos, land cover, topo maps and other reference information for Minnesota. The site allows users to:
- Navigate directly to a county, city, civil or public land survey (PLS) township;
- View a customized attribute report on any spot they identify;
- Find the elevation of any point;
- Display a full PLS description for any township/range/section;
- Define an area from which vector or raster data layers can be clipped, zipped and downloaded to their computer;
- Find the legislative districts of an area and link to Legislatorsí websites;
- Save a map graphic to use in a report;
- Bookmark and share URLs of noteworthy views.
Purpose: The current release of NorthStar Mapper is intended to provide basic layers and functions of interest to a broad audience.
Service type: Remote application
Topic category: Imagery base maps earth cover, Inland waters, Transportation, Boundaries, Elevation, Environment
Return to service list