Help for XP Service Pack 2 Download
When Windows XP Service Pack 2 is installed, it disables the download
prompt in the Internet Explorer browser by default. The result is that
users won't see the "Open or Save" dialog box when downloading files. This
will prevent a user from successfully downloading files from some web
- In your Internet Explorer browser menu, click on "Tools"
- In the Tools menu list, select "Internet Options"
- Select the "Security" tab
- Click on the "Custom Level" button and a list of security settings
- Scroll down to the heading called "Downloads" and you will find a
setting called "Automatic Prompting for File Downloads"
- If it is disabled, change it to enabled
- The setting "File Download" should also be enabled if it isn't
Further questions? Contact the
Geographic Data Clearinghouse.