Aerial Photography of Minnesota: 2009
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Farm Service Agency
Digital aerial photography was collected for the entire State of Minnesota during Summer 2009, as part of the Farm Service Agency's National Agriculture Imagery Program (NAIP). Although 2009 specifications are similar to 2008 NAIP, a major difference was that this flight was funded without local partners -- based on the timing of this flight and budget deadlines, it was not possible for FSA to obtain partner commitments this year in Minnesota -- and the data was captured on film.
- Statewide; 1-meter resolution; county mosaics in MrSID format
- Digital with three bands: red, green, blue
- Orthorectification using ground control (absolute accuracy)
- Status maps for areas covered, inspection status, and contractor
- A seamline shapefile, rather than a quarter-quadrangle boundary shapefile, provides the basis for an index for referencing metadata. The seamline identifies the actual area of each photo used in the orthoimagery.
View/Download County Compressed Mosaics
- MnGeo's website
- WMS service:
View without downloading, using GIS software
- Download county mosaics
- WMS service: View without downloading, using GIS software
- NRCS Geospatial Data
Return to MnGeo's first-stop Aerial Photography page