Telecommunication Infrastructure Information for Minnesota
Use this site to find
data, maps and statistics that show information about Minnesota's
Service areas and area codes
Minnesota GIS data
and online map: Boundaries of telephone
exchange service areas, area codes, LATA zones and counties
Area code maps for the United States (by state or a national
version with time zones) and for Canada, from the North American
Numbering Plan Administration
Broadband / Fiber optic
Most fiber optic information is proprietary and is not publicly available.
Transmission towers and service areas
Communications Commission's Data webpage for FCC licensing data, regulated towers and market area
boundaries, including datasets for cellphone towers and service areas,
land mobile station locations, AM, FM, microwave, pager and TV
communication towers, and antenna structure registrations.
Other telecom map and data resources
- Minnesota Department of Commerce: Find a phone service provider
- Minnesota Public Utilities Commission, Find a landline company
- Glossary of Telecom Terms: Compiled by Verizon.
- North American Numbering Plan Administration (NANPA): information about telephone number assignment. For example, find out which prefixes, the first three digits after the area code, are assigned or are available for assignment in each geographic area code (see their website guide).
- To find telecommunications information for other states, check the
associations maintained by the United States Telecom Association.
Return to MnGeo's main Utilities and Telecommunication first-stop information page