Minnesota Geospatial Advisory Council
The Council acts as a coordinating body for the Minnesota geospatial community. It represents a cross-section of organizations that include counties, cities, universities, business, nonprofit organizations, federal and state agencies, tribal government, and other stakeholder groups that benefit from geospatial technology.
- Current members
- Two positions open to represent the
following sectors: Regional Government (Greater Minnesota) and
- Application information for the Open Appointments process administered by the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State (search for "Statewide Geospatial Advisory Council")
- Applications will be accepted
until positions are filled; terms end June 30, 2019
- Two positions open to represent the following sectors: Regional Government (Greater Minnesota) and Federal Government
- 2017 Accomplishments and 2018 Workplan
- Guiding principles, authorization,
Meeting Dates, Materials and News
Council meetings are held 4 times a year and are open to the public. Upcoming meeting dates: December 5, 2018; March 6 and May 29, 2019
- Next meeting: December 5, 2018
- 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Blazing Star Room, Ground Floor, Centennial Office Building, 658 Cedar Street, St. Paul, MN 55155. Directions.
- Meeting materials
- Minnesota GIS News:
Subscribe to be notified of upcoming meetings and other council news
Committees and Workgroups
council is supplemented and supported
by committees and workgroups. Non-council members are welcome and encouraged to
participate on these groups.
- Mark Kotz, Geospatial Advisory Council Chair
- Dan Ross, Chief Geospatial Information Officer