The 3D Geomatics* Committee (3DGeo) of the Minnesota Geospatial Advisory Council works to identify and promote the need for planning, funding, acquisition, and management of three-dimensional geomatic data and derived products. The committee engages multiple disciplines in Minnesota for the benefit of its resources and citizens, promoting the value, importance, and use of this complex and voluminous three-dimensional information.
* Geomatics: the discipline of gathering, storing, processing, and
delivering spatially referenced geographic information
Charter and Work Plan
The committee is coordinated by an executive steering team. The steering team
serves as the hub for the subject-matter workgroups shown in the graphic.
- Joel Nelson, GIS Specialist, University of Minnesota, Dept. of Soil,
Water and Climate, 612-625-9235, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joel Nelson, GIS Specialist, University of Minnesota, Dept. of Soil, Water and Climate, 612-625-9235, email@example.com
Other workgroups are forming...
- Initial groundwork for this committee (Nov. 4, 2015): minutes and slides
- MnTOPO: A web application for viewing, printing and downloading high-resolution elevation data for Minnesota collected using LiDAR technology
- LiDAR info and download page for Minnesota LiDAR data and derived products, including links to education and training resources
- Interim Guidance on Acquisition of Culvert Data
- Hydrographic Position Index Technical Report: Combining LiDAR-derived DEM analysis, raster classification and color symbology for pseudo-3D terrain visualization to enhance hydrography interpretation on the DEM landscape
- Glossary of LiDAR-related Terms
- 2008 National Environmental Information
Exchange Network (NEIEN) Project Report, June 2014: This report
explored integrating the multiple statewide hydrography datasets of
Previous committees that worked on related issues