The committee was sunset 3/22/17. A new LiDAR/Hydro
committee is being considered.
The Hydrography Committee existed to promote the consistent development of hydrography data and
to enable data exchange through coordination, cooperation
and standards development.
- Plan for an integrated approach to statewide hydrography data
- Plan for implementation, use and maintenance of the framework
- Refine roles and responsibilities
- Implement MN NHD data update process
- Implement event creation and maintenance process
- Foster development and sharing of applications and tools
- Integrate DNR 24K hydrography data improvements into MN NHD
(2008 EPA Grant)
- Plan for future maintenance and stewardship of Minnesota Watershed Boundaries
- Continue Phase 1 wetlands mapping activity and maintenance strategy
- Continue development of storm water mapping guidance
Committee activity reports and meeting
Publications and links
Watershed Standard: Use
this standard for designating watersheds in Minnesota.
Reach/Watercourse Standard: Use this standard for designating rivers, streams, and ditches in GIS and
other data applications.
Basin Standard: Use this
standard for designating lakes and wetlands in GIS and other data
Return to MnGAC committee page