The committee was sunset 3/22/17. A new
3D Geomatics Committee has been formed to
carry on relevant parts of its work.
The Hydrography Committee existed to promote the consistent development of hydrography data and
to enable data exchange through coordination, cooperation
and standards development.
- Plan for an integrated approach to statewide hydrography data
- Plan for implementation, use and maintenance of the framework
- Refine roles and responsibilities
- Implement MN NHD data update process
- Implement event creation and maintenance process
- Foster development and sharing of applications and tools
- Integrate DNR 24K hydrography data improvements into MN NHD
(2008 EPA Grant)
- Plan for future maintenance and stewardship of Minnesota Watershed Boundaries
- Continue Phase 1 wetlands mapping activity and maintenance strategy
- Continue development of storm water mapping guidance
Committee activity reports and meeting
Publications and links
Watershed Standard: Use
this standard for designating watersheds in Minnesota.
Reach/Watercourse Standard: Use this standard for designating rivers, streams, and ditches in GIS and
other data applications.
Basin Standard: Use this
standard for designating lakes and wetlands in GIS and other data
Return to MnGAC committee page