Committee Mission: Promote the value and importance of the geospatial infrastructure by actively engaging public policy makers and stakeholders.
Objectives/Vision: As a committee of the Minnesota Geospatial Advisory Council, the Outreach Committee will promote the priorities of the council. Examples of the committee's work include:
- Find and document compelling geospatial stories useful to government (all levels), the private sector, professional associations, related professions, and citizens of the state.
- Tell those stories in venues where they can inform and influence policy makers and others seeking to improve government operations, economic development, and quality of life in Minnesota.
Most work will be done via email and online meetings. Face-to-face meetings will be held as needed and could be held in conjunction with one of the advisory council meetings.
- Minnesota Cities Geospatial Data Survey
- Minnesota Counties Geospatial Data Survey (2016)
Results Report: The survey's purpose was to reach out to all counties to understand and document the full range of issues and concerns of the data producer community and to begin to document the success stories of GIS in both the user and producer communities relevant to the wider availability of data.
- Len Kne (co-chair), University of Minnesota, 612-624-7591,
- Kari Geurts (co-chair), Minnesota Department of Natural
Charter and Workplan
Committee meeting minutes