- Open up ArcGIS Explorer, click on File > Open.
- In the left hand column click on the Servers icon.
- Make sure the Show of type: field at the bottom of the dialog box is set to Map and Globe Services.
- At the top of the screen click the WMS button under Create New Connection:.
- Type in the following URL address in the pop-up dialog box labeled Add New Server
and uncheck the box labeled Save Name/Password. Click OK.
- Click the plus (+) symbol in front of the MnGeo WMS service (aerial photography) on geoint.lmic.state.mn.us entry to expand it.
- Double click the MnGeo WMS service (aerial photography) selection.
- Set the Minimum raster cell size to 1 Meter. Click Next.
- Add the desired WMS layer by selecting it in the All WMS available
layers window and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
(Note: if more than one layer is added at a time, only the top layer will be visible.) Click Next.
- Select the Satellite Imagery or Aerial Photography option button. Click Next.
- Choose an option button from Disk Caching Options.
first option, Save layer's disk cache when saving map file
will likely result in the best performance.) Click Finish.
- Right click on the layer you wish to view in the Contents box and Zoom to layer.
(Note: image display time and resolution quality varies with each freeware program. Consult your user software Help guides for further information.)
Return to MnGeo’s Geospatial Image Service
Return to MnGeo's WMS homepage