The Hydrography Committee existed to promote the consistent development of hydrography data and to enable data exchange through coordination, cooperation and standards development.
- Plan for an integrated approach to statewide hydrography data management
- Plan for implementation, use and maintenance of the framework
- Refine roles and responsibilities
- Implement MN NHD data update process
- Implement event creation and maintenance process
- Foster development and sharing of applications and tools
- Integrate DNR 24K hydrography data improvements into MN NHD (2008 EPA Grant)
- Plan for future maintenance and stewardship of Minnesota Watershed Boundaries
- Continue Phase 1 wetlands mapping activity and maintenance strategy
- Continue development of storm water mapping guidance
- Watershed Standard: Use this standard for designating watersheds in Minnesota.
- Reach/Watercourse Standard: Use this standard for designating rivers, streams, and ditches in GIS and other data applications.
- Basin Standard: Use this standard for designating lakes and wetlands in GIS and other data applications.
Return to MnGAC committee page