Parcel Data Transfer Standard for Minnesota
The Parcel Data Transfer Standard establishes a common set of attributes and field definitions to encourage sharing and aggregation of geospatial parcel (cadastral) data. The standard is primarily intended for data transfer; it does not define how data producers should capture or store their parcel data.
- The standard is modeled on the original MetroGIS Regional Parcel Dataset specifications
- All other organizations, including county government, are encouraged, but not required, to use the standard when transferring data
The current standard was drafted by the Parcels and Land Records Committee with significant input from its county members and other interested organizations.
The Standards Committee conducted two periods of public
review and then advanced the proposed standard to the
Advisory Council which approved the standard (version 1.0) at its March 28,
Invitation for Public Review of Proposed Revisions to the Standard (v. 1.1)
Since its adoption in March 2018, as the Parcel Data Transfer Standard has begun to be used by the statewide geospatial professional community, numerous stakeholders have suggested refinements and improvements to the standard. The Standards Committee has revised the standard based on these comments and is putting these revisions out for a 45-day public review period. With any potential modification to an adopted standard, the Standards Committee and the Geospatial Advisory Council wish to engage with the entire stakeholder community in a transparent and inclusive fashion. Both the Standards Committee and GAC strongly encourage comments and feedback on the proposed changes.
This review period was from Monday, November 26, 2018 through Friday, January 11, 2019
- Summary of proposed changes from v. 1.0 to v. 1.1 (pdf)
- Revised Parcel Data Transfer Standard, v. 1.1 (pdf)
- Revised Parcel Data Transfer Schema spreadsheet, v. 1.1 (xlsx)
- Parcel Point and Parcel Polygon Schema Templates: Zipfile containing file geodatabase and xml formats for the proposed version 1.1 of the Parcel Data Transfer Standard as well as for the Address Point Data Standard
Note: Domain tables for all standards have been centralized
one spreadsheet document
(click on link to "Domains").
Please submit comments on the changes via one of the methods below:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regular mail:
Standards Committee, Geospatial Advisory Council
RE: Parcel Data Transfer Standard, v. 1.1
c/o Minnesota Geospatial Information Office
658 Cedar Street, Room 300
St. Paul, Minnesota 55155
All comments will be reviewed by the Standards Committee at its January 2019 meeting.
Currently Adopted Standard (v. 1.0) and Supporting Materials
The following materials contain the Parcel Data Transfer standard (v. 1.0) as adopted by the Geospatial Advisory Council on March 28, 2018.
Schema spreadsheet (xlsx)
Parcel Point and Parcel Polygon Data Schema Templates:
Zipfile containing both file geodatabase and xml formats (also contains address point templates)
summary of the standard
- Frequently Asked Questions
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Comments Received During Earlier Public Review Periods
- Second review: 1/8/18 - 2/9/18
- First review: 10/24/16 - 1/20/17
Business Plan for Statewide Parcel Data Integration for Minnesota:
The project developed a detailed business plan for managing
and providing access to accurate and current parcel data for the entire
state based upon maintained and authoritative local sources.
Return to Standards Committee webpage