The MnGeo Standards
Committee formed a Metadata Workgroup whose purpose is to:
- Recommend methods for creating and editing metadata that are compatible
with ArcGIS 10.
- Recommend a metadata format for web services.
- Recommend changes to the Minnesota Geographic Metadata Guidelines by
evaluating new international standards.
Nancy Rader, MnGeo, 651-201-2489,
Charter, Project Plan, Current Activities
- Status report:
- Current activities:
- Support the use of metadata in the
Minnesota Geospatial Commons
- Make changes as needed to the standalone
Minnesota Metadata Editor (MME)
The workgroup customized the
Metadata Editor v.3.1.1 to match the Minnesota Geographic Metadata
Guidelines (MGMG1.2). MME is a standalone since the ArcGIS10 metadata
environment is currently too changeable.
- On-hold: Finalize a draft crosswalk between MGMG1.2 and the North American Profile of the
international metadata standard. Most elements
translate smoothly; however, the workgroup has flagged a number of issues
that will need to be resolved before it can recommend an updated version of MGMG for public review.
The issues include which elements are needed to describe a web service.
- Metadata Workgroup Charter,
4/29/11 (5 p., 115K, PDF)
Describes why the project is needed, the goals and deliverables, and who is
involved with the workgroup.
- Project Plan,
5/13/11 (5 p. 384K, PDF)
Meeting Schedule, Agendas and Notes
Calendar: Check the calendar for the date, time and
location of the next workgroup meeting. If none is listed in the next month
or two, check directly with the workgroup chair. All meetings are open to
the public and visitors are always welcome.
MnGeo Committee and Workgroup page