The MnGeo Standards
Committee formed a Metadata Workgroup whose purpose is to:
- Recommend methods for creating and editing metadata that are compatible
with ArcGIS 10.
- Recommend a metadata format for web services.
- Recommend changes to the Minnesota Geographic Metadata Guidelines by
evaluating new international standards.
Nancy Rader, MnGeo, 651-201-2489,
Charter, Project Plan, Current Activities
- Status report:
- Current activities:
- Support the use of metadata in the
Minnesota Geospatial Commons
- Make changes as needed to the standalone
Minnesota Metadata Editor (MME)
The workgroup customized the
Metadata Editor v.3.1.1 to match the Minnesota Geographic Metadata
Guidelines (MGMG1.2). MME is a standalone since the ArcGIS10 metadata
environment is currently too changeable.
- On-hold: Finalize a draft crosswalk between MGMG1.2 and the North American Profile of the
international metadata standard. Most elements
translate smoothly; however, the workgroup has flagged a number of issues
that will need to be resolved before it can recommend an updated version of MGMG for public review.
The issues include which elements are needed to describe a web service.
- Metadata Workgroup Charter,
4/29/11 (5 p., 115K, PDF)
Describes why the project is needed, the goals and deliverables, and who is
involved with the workgroup.
- Project Plan,
5/13/11 (5 p. 384K, PDF)
Meeting Agendas and Notes
MnGeo Committee and Workgroup page