Parcels and Land Records Committee
The Parcels and Land Records Committee of the Minnesota Geospatial Advisory Council works to promote research, education, implementation, and distribution of statewide guidelines surrounding the digital mapping of cadastral-related data; works to promote and facilitate the development and sharing of data throughout the state, region, and nation; and advises MnGeo.
* formerly the Digital Cadastral Data Committee and the Land Records
Committee Leadership, Charter, Accomplishments and Workplan
- Chair: George Meyer, Otter Tail County,
- Contact the committee chair for meeting information. All meetings
are open to the public.
- Contact the committee chair for meeting information. All meetings are open to the public.
Accomplishments and 2018 Work
Committee Activity Reports and Meeting Minutes
Publications and Links
The Parcels and Land Records Committee does not endorse any commercial products which may appear in files referenced here. All information is provided for educational purposes only.
- Business Plan for Statewide Parcel Data Integration for Minnesota, a 2011 Federal Geographic Data Committee CAP grant to MnGeo and collaborating organizations.
- PRISM project: The Minnesota Department of Revenue modernized its Property Tax data processes and systems by developing a centralized database that standardized the collection, storage, retrieval, and distribution of property data.
- Minnesota Cadastral I-Plan draft v. 1.2, February 2003
- Quick Access to Land Records: Cadastral and Right of Way Data Sharing Pilot Project, Feb. 18, 2009. MnDOT pilot project
- Land Records Modernization Committee Report, June 1999, to the Minnesota Governor's Council on Geographic Information.
- Implementation Guide for Parcel-Based GIS in Minnesota Local Government, November 1997. This is a "blueprint" resource, to be used by local units of government, for successful implementation of parcel-based GIS in Minnesota.
- Identifying Land Parcels: Is a Statewide Standard Needed?, September 1997: Examines parcel identification numbers used by Minnesota's 87 counties and the need for a standardized statewide format.
- LCMR Lakeshore
- Also view an article that describes the need for lakeshore parcel mapping to support effective long-term lake management.
- Issues Regarding a National Land Parcel Database, Congressional Research Service, July 2009.
- National Land Parcel Data: A Vision for the Future, National Research Council, 2007.