Spring Aerial Imagery of South Minnesota: Spring 2011
High-resolution orthophotography was collected by Surdex Corporation for 37 southern Minnesota counties in Spring 2011. Meeker County could not be collected due to advanced leaf-out, so was flown Spring 2013 and is available.
- Project brochure (2 p., 570K, PDF)
- Mosaic image poster
The imagery is
available via MnGeo's WMS image service
- Half-meter resolution imagery was acquired for 37 counties: Dodge, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Jackson, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Le Sueur, Lincoln, Lyon, Martin, McLeod, Mower, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Olmsted, Pipestone, Redwood, Renville, Rice, Rock, Sibley, Steele, Swift, Wabasha, Waseca, Watonwan, Winona and Yellow Medicine. Meeker County could not be collected due to advanced leaf-out, so was acquired Spring 2013.
- All of the one-foot resolution imagery was acquired for the 3 counties participating in the resolution buy-up option: McLeod, Murray and Sibley.
- All areas postponed from 2010 were acquired: Goodhue and Rice counties; downtown St. Paul (reflown to minimize building lean); and stereo imagery at 0.5-meter resolution for Dakota, Goodhue, Rice and Scott counties.
- Thanks are due to a network of volunteer observers who reported on field conditions to help with flight planning.
- More details in
Regional Information Meetings
Three regional meetings were held in 2010 to gauge interest in local partnerships, one on June 22 in Marshall, and two on July 1 in Rochester and Mankato.
- Presentation slides
from regional information meetings (25 slides, 7.6 MB, PPT)
|Steve Kloiber, Project Coordinator
National Wetlands Inventory Update
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Return to MnGeo's first-stop Aerial Photography page